Every year, in the Spring, my husband and I take a wonderful trip to Key West, and every year, I rent a bicycle and explore the streets and back streets falling in love with the beautiful cottage architecture, and every year, I find a new "favorite" cottage...
But THIS YEAR, I decided to make notes of the architectural details I particularly love...sort-of "research" for our future Starfish Cottage, here are a few of my favorites-
1. Beautiful PORCHES- wraparound porches, two story porches, balcony porches- filled with white wicker, and palms and pots of tropical flowers and plants
2. Shutters- Bahamian-style shutters, custom cut-out shutters, operational hinged HURRICANE shutters...
3. Gingerbread-style woodwork-
5. Lush landscaping- "jungle-like" courtyard pools and fountains-
6. Haint blue painted porch ceilings (a color said to ward away unwanted bugs)-
7. Flags- I LOVE when homes fly various national and state flags-
...make everyday special- WHEREVER you live...kristy