With Thanksgiving and the Holidays quickly approaching, I thought I would share some helpful tips on setting a beautiful table...
- Always set the table BEFORE you start cooking, so you are not rushed.
- Use what you have- pull out some of your old pretty dishes or glassware for inspiration- then match your table linens or centerpiece to those colors.
- Find inspiration or determine a theme for your meal, ideas include the four seasons, annual events, the food or menu, holidays or special occasions...pull colors and objects from your home that reinforce your theme.
- Use everyday white plates and bowls and everyday glassware, add interest with colorful table linens- tablecloths, napkins, place mats, runners.
- Come up with clever napkin rings or ties, even a pretty ribbon with a tag printed with your guest's names, or a holiday greeting.
- Always have a centerpiece or focal point for your table. Some ideas include: flowers, candles, food on platters or serving pieces, bowls of seasonal items like seashells, or pinecones.
- Remember things look better in groups of three...tall (not too tall!), medium and small always look nice, use a decorative tray to display a grouping of items for a centerpiece.
- Add a little sparkle with small votive candle tealights scattered around the table.
- For a special meal, or a weeknight suprise, set out a small gift at everyone's placesetting.
- Mix things up by setting up a dining table somewhere OTHER than your dining room or breakfast room, maybe eat "al fresco" on your front porch, or next to a crackling fire, or at a local park or picnic area!
Wishing you good luck on your next tablesetting- have fun with it!
Also, a quick announcement for my local Tampa Bay Area readers...
Be sure to mark your calendars...I just heard that Santa is coming to the Shabby Shack in Apollo Beach this Saturday, Nov 28th!!!
This promises to be a fun event and a FABULOUS time to get a head start on your holiday shopping list! Bring the kids and your camera and a wrapped toy donation for Toys for Tots!!